To oversee our customer service department and assist Sales team. This individual will also act as Sales & Marketing Coordinator for the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and monitor reports, variance and accrual issues
- Prepare, proof and edit documents, presentations and rate proposals as requested
- Run and review daily reports – available loads by date, unit-load matching reports, billing comment reports, etc.
- Maintain and organize customer files and general department records
- Set up and manage key vendor accounts as needed
- Replying/contacting sales prospects
- Creating and maintaining customer track and trace (web tracking) accounts
- Preparing and mailing out marketing materials and sales promos
- Create sales reports as requested
- Daily activities include sales calls, proposal preparation, pricing, develop and penetrate new markets, maintain current customers and generate prospects
- Coordinate Customer Service retention meetings/gatherings
Supervise Customer Service
- Manage and submit payroll for Customer Service
- Coordinate and implement monthly weekend coverage calendar for Customer Service
- Coverage for Customer Service Staff as necessary
- Coordinate or maintain interoffice relationships with the Customer Service and Operations departments
- 2-5 years in Transportation Industry
- High School Education
- Ability to work independently and lead a team
- Superior attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong ethic and ability to provide consistently
- Excellent customer service experience by maintaining the highest degree of courtesy
- Confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AS400)
- This job requires sitting 95 percent of the time
- This job requires entering data 90 percent of the time
- While performing the duties of this job use of his/her hands and fingers for typing, handling paperwork and small objects.
- Must use computer and telephone equipment.