IMPORTANT! ALL DRIVERS PLEASE READ
Hours Of Service Changes Coming September 29th
Adverse Driving Conditions
- Allows an extra two hours of driving and duty time for unexpected weather or traffic conditions. Includes:
- 13 hours of drive time AND
- 16 hours of duty
30 Minute Break
- A break of at least 30 minutes is required after 8 hours of driving time.
- On-duty (not driving) time may be counted as the driver’s mandatory break. Any combination of the following (of at least 30 consecutive minutes) will count as the break:
- Off duty time
- Sleeper berth time
- On-duty (not driving) time
- Allows the required 10 hours off duty to be split into two separate breaks. The split must be at least:
- 7 hours in sleeper berth AND
- 3 consecutive hours off duty and/or in sleeper berth
- The two separate periods must total 10 hours (a 7/3 or 8/2 split). Neither period counts toward the 14 hour duty limit.
Air-Mile Radius Exception
- Extends the air mile radius and time allowed to use the exception. The exception allows:
- 14 consecutive hours of duty time AND
- Travel within a 150 air mile radius
Drivers can call Safety if they have questions.